FLW International LLCGame Studio
Our studio is looking for a Senior World Builder. In this role, you will be helping to craft and create our worlds. You will need to combine a strong aesthetic sense in creating visually interesting spaces with a solid understanding of level design.
· Layout, build and light levels from initial block out to final polish in Unreal 4.
· Tell deep and meaningful stories within the environment.
· Work with Art Team to ensure artistic unity with the entire project.
· Work with the Design Team and the Lead Environment Artist to make gameplay and Levels function harmoniously.
· Collaborate in the planning of project environments.
· Sketch/Model/Concept ideas for 3D environments.
· Excel at consistent aesthetic and technical quality in all environments.
· Prototype rough level layouts quickly and efficiently.
· Level Streaming setup and implementation.
· Optimize Levels for performance and memory.
What We’re Looking For:
· 5+ years’ experience in the game industry with at least 3 shipped AAA titles.
· Possess a wealth of experience in modular level construction and lighting/atmosphere.
· Unreal Engine 4 experience, including terrain/landscape editing.
· Advanced understanding of Physically Based Shading materials and lighting.
· Able to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, often late in the process.
· Quickly learn and adapt to art and production pipelines.
· Self-motivated towards solving creative problems.
· Must be eligible to work in the US and willing to relocate to Boston.
· Experience in First Person Shooters and semi-open (e.g. Borderlands/Shadows of Mordor) or open world game.